Thursday, August 5, 2010

Great websites for renting Villas or Apartments

www.rentvillas.com - They have select villas and Apartments in Europe, Turkey and the Caribbean.  They have tons to select from, anything from 2 people to large groups.  They have been around since 1984 and are very reliable and have stuff in every price range.

www.villeinitalia.com - A great site for anywhere in Italy you might want to go.  They offer everything from Luxury rentals to weddings and affordable villas.  Their pictures are quite extensive and their prices are very specific.  No hidden costs there.

www.summerinitaly.com - Another great site for Italian Vacations.  Again they offer lots of pictures.  Italians who really know the areas and have people who have seen all the villas run it.  I had great correspondence with them and they would continually help me try to find what I was looking for.

www.vrbo.com  - This site is great.  It has been around since 1995 and it was started by home owners who self-mange their second home rentals, ie Vacation Rentals by Owner.  Make sure you get a lot of pictures if you use this site!  They don't always have a lot on the site.  I like to see as many as possible before renting.  I have found some really interesting villas from vrbo.  I rented my first villa from a site that I found through them.

www.tendencygroup.com - I used them for Apartments in Barcelona.  They have some really great stuff.

www.friendlyrentals.com  - I have booked an apartment in Barcelona with them.  Their apartments are great, however you need to ask for measurements if size is an issue.  They are a little smaller than they appear in the picture.  Not an issue, just a little smaller.  But overall exactly what you are expecting.

www.villascarpariellorelais.it – My first true love.  This villa is spectacular in every way.  There are 10 apartments in the villa, all ranging from 1 bedroom to 3 bedrooms, most come with their own kitchens.  Basic daily cleaning is included.  You will feel as though you stepped into a fantasy when you stay here.  All the rooms have ocean views.  There is a salt-water pool and access to the ocean (which you share with the other apartments).  The staff is wonderful and I can’t wait to go back this year.  Completely affordable and in my opinion, Ravello is the most beautiful place to stay on the Amalfi coast.

I am sure there are others out there, but the ones I have mentioned have reasonable prices and great apartments and villas.  Also Fodor’s travel guides have some good sites listed in their books for apartment rentals.  There are plenty of sites out there that are geared towards those with unlimited budgets and they are listed in Travel & Leisure and other travel magazines.  I decided to focus on amazing accommodations on any budget (you will think you can’t possibly afford it! Oh how wrong you are).  I will keep you posted as I find more.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking to rent an apartment in Barcelona for the weekend in (Poble Nou)
    I have looked at these sites that you suggest but they have not available on that date ..
    can anyone recommend some other web for rent apart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice post dear thanks for sharing........

    North Port properties

    ReplyDelete