Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The case of the heavy suitcase

So when Skye and I went to Italy, I undoubtedly had the heaviest suitcase on the way back.  I had packed too much.  Then, while I was there,  I had found some plates I loved and got the water pitcher, 2 bowls and 2 small plates.  In addition I had 3 bottles of wine that I simply couldn’t live without, and those are only the heavy things I bought.  My friend Ethan asked me if I had a dead Italian in there when he heaved it into his jeep.  I vowed to pack lighter the next time I went on vacation!

When I went to Barcelona I was determined to pack less and I was dumbfounded when my suitcase was still heavy!  I was miserable while hauling my suitcase up the subway stairs.   It seemed as if we just left the bottom caverns of Hogwarts and we heading to the North tower.  Skye had packed only a travel suitcase (which wasn’t quite big enough for me) but she wasn’t looking as though she had just run a marathon by the time she reached the top.  I was envious.  (Seriously it was like 7 flights!)

The good news is that when I emptied it and went to put it in the closet , I discovered that it was fairly heavy empty.  Why is that good news you ask?  Because A, I felt better knowing that I hadn’t over packed and B, I decided in that moment to go out and research the lightest and best suitcases for my travel needs and I am going to be sharing it all with you.  Tune in the next couple of weeks for all my discoveries.  It just might be worth buying a new suitcase!  I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment