Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ardesia


I am forever looking for great new spots to meet up with friends.  Not that the good old standbys aren’t great, but it is good to be on the lookout for new things.  Well last Friday I found one that I love!  It is called Ardesia, located at 510 West 52nd between 10th & 11th.  
Ardesia

They offer 30 wines by the glass and a larger selection by the bottle.  It is a combination of old world and new world wines and the staff is extremely knowledgeable and can help guide you through the list.  The bartender who was helping me suggested a Montsant from Spain that was amazing.  He also recommended some wonderful things off the menu.  The menu consists of small plates with of course cheese and meats, but I had the beet salad 

followed by the seared flank steak with salsa verde.  It was so flavorful and tender.  I am definitely going to go back for more.

The atmosphere at Ardesia is casual but hip.  It is all marble and concrete with light wood chairs.  It’s got a very sexy, cool feel to it.  It also has a lot more space than most wine bars in New York.  There is a large lounge section off to the left and about 6 tables in the bar area as well as probably 20ish seats at the bar itself.  During the summer they have outdoor seating for about 30.  I’m sure those are hard tables to get, but I am thinking it might just be a regular summertime bar for me.  Great wine AND outdoor seating!  Woo-hoo!  You can also call ahead and reserve tables.  What a treat that is when meeting a group for drinks.  All in all I am really excited about my new find.  It has already made it to my top ten list.  I can’t wait for you to try it.
Ardesia
510 West 52nd St. (Between 10th & 11th)
212-247-9191

No comments:

Post a Comment