Friday, September 24, 2010

The best bufala mozzarella in world!

Due G – Mozzarella place in Casal di principe.  A small chain with about 4 or 5 stores

Our friend Ethan lives in Naples.  When he came down to Ravello last year, he brought the MOST AMAZING bufala mozzarella I have ever tasted in my life.  Not kidding, it is different there than anywhere else in Italy.  I never even liked bufala mozzarella until I had this stuff.  As my return to the Amalfi Coast neared this year, I found myself dreaming of it.  It is that good.  I tried to explain it to my friend Cristina (who is Italian and went with us this year), but she didn’t understand what I was talking about.... until she had it and then she was floored.  Ethan gets this incredible mozzarella at Due G, a small chain with about 4 or 5 stores in Naples and the surrounding area.  If you like bufala mozzeralla then you owe it to yourself to stop and get some on your way to the Amalfi Coast or if you are in Naples for any reason. 

Note from Skye: Do not put your mozzarella di bufala in the fridge, or else it will get mushy.  Leave it in the water it comes in, room temperature, and eat it within a few days (trust me, not hard to do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment