Friday, October 1, 2010

Vietri sul Mare: The Ceramic Capital

Los Ceramica
Vietri is the ceramic capital of the Amalfi Coast.  The streets are lined with shops most of which are carrying similar designs.  Each store will have their own specialty item, but on the whole, you will see a lot of the same exact plates and bowls.  There are several stores that produce real works of art that will cost you a pretty penny if you are willing to spend the money.  I did however, find a store that had truly unique pieces and were very moderately priced.  Los Ceramica.  


I bought a beautiful pitcher there.  It was across the street from the restaurant we ate lunch at, Voce del Mare.  Oddly there wasn’t anyone there watching the store.  It seemed as though I wasn't going to be able to buy the pitcher.  Just then, the parking lot attendant from the restaurant came over and asked me which piece I wanted to buy.  He called the artists to find out the price, took my money and wrapped up my pitcher.  Now that is making good use of your workday.  Two jobs at once!  It was really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment