Wednesday, November 24, 2010

B&G Oysters ROCKS!

Being a native of Bostonian, I am extremely picky about my lobster.  If it hasn't come from the cold cold waters of Maine or Massachussetts, then it probably isn't going to be sweet and tender enough for me.  I had heard that the lobster roll at BandG Oysters in the South End was the best in town, so I went to see for myself.

The rumors are true.  They are amazing!  The key to a great lobster roll is that it should have tons of lobster meat (it did), very light mayo so as not to overpower the taste of the lobster (check), and the lobster itself should be tender and sweet (it was - SO SWEET).



I was tempted to get the lobster BLT, but I wanted to check out the original before going for the twist.  I couldn't have been happier.  I even ate the hot dog bun, which I never do because they are normally not very good.  Not this one!  It was a scrumptious brioche bread bun.  All buttery and delicious.  Yum!

BandG Oyster (as you would expect from the name) also has some of the most fantastic fresh oysters anywhere.  They change daily and they have a pretty large selection which includes both East and West Coast oysters.

I sat at the bar where there is lots of room to eat.  There are several tables as well, but the restaurant is fairly small and cozy.  For me, sitting at the bar is great because you actually get to see them making all the food.  I saw so much that I have to go back and try.  The staff is extremely knowledgeable and really friendly.  They will also help you pair wine with your food if you like.  If you like seafood and are in the Boston area, you owe it to yourself to go to BandG Oyster.  You will feel like you are eating the catch of the day right out of the net.
BandG Oysters 550 Trement Street
617-423-0550

No comments:

Post a Comment