Friday, November 19, 2010

It’s all Greek to me…or at least it used to be.


I used to be almost fluent in Spanish.  I took 6 years of it between junior high and high school and now it is sort of sad that I can’t put sentences together very well.  When I went to Spain in the spring I was surprised by how much came back to me.  I had been talking about taking a Spanish class for years, but I didn’t get around to it.   Well I vowed that before going to Italy this year I was going to take Italian and learn some of the basics.  I had been looking into a class for a couple of months but hadn’t committed to anything.  Then one day in my Daily Candy email, I found a special deal for foreign language classes at Idlewild Bookstore (a bookstore dedicated to all things about travel).  I felt it was a sign and I registered for Italian. 

The class was fantastic.  It was a small class, it takes place in the back of the store and my teacher was Italian.  They offer classes in Italian, Spanish & French with classes in all levels from beginning to advanced.   It is a great way to learn a new language.  You get a lot of individual attention with the focus being on speaking the language.  If you have ever wanted to take a language class and have been putting it off like me, stop procrastinating and sign up!  It will be some of the most fun you have had in a long time.  Maybe I will see you there. (25% off for early registration)
12 West 19th St.
212-414-8888

No comments:

Post a Comment