Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Ornaments from Around the World

One of the things I love most about Christmas is decorating my tree.  This year I got a perfect little tree for my apartment and on it is hanging all the ornaments I have gotten from various places I have traveled.  I have the 2 that I got at the artisan market in Lake Como, a couple from Boston and many from my favorite store here in New York, More and More antiques.  

More and More is a great little store on the upper west side that every year has the most fantastic array of Christmas ornaments that you will not find almost anywhere else. 


Christmas  ornaments, like jewelry or a special piece of clothing will always remind you of your trip and every year when you pull it out will bring you back to the memory of when you bought it.  They also make great gifts for people.  I have a friend who loves Santa Ornaments and one year he gave one to me and I thought, wow, this is special.  The more unique the better the ornament.  I still remember my favorite childhood ornaments that every year my mother made sure to let me hang on the tree.  Or the handmade ones that we made together.  Did you ever make the Elmer's glue ornaments?  Those were fun!


More and More also has great unique Christmas gifts.  They have candles and crackers and towels and beautiful things for the person who has everything.  Make your season a little brighter and see the display at more and more.  You tree will thank you.


More and More Antiques
378 Amsterdam Ave at 78th st.
212-580-8404

No comments:

Post a Comment