Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Markets in New York City

Traveling during the holidays to any city that celebrates Christmas, I think, is a real treat.  Everything is decorated all pretty with the lights and the decorations and no matter how cold it is out everything seems a little more magical.  Well New York City is truly spectacular during the Christmas season.  There are Huge trees at Rockerfeller Center Bryant Park and Lincoln Center, Ice Skating rinks at Bryant Park, Central Park and Rockerfeller Center,the Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the Rockettes and a host of many other festive things to enjoy.

Of my favorite things to see during the season are the holiday markets that are set up in Columbus Circle, Union Square and Bryant Park.  

Every year artisans from all over the world come and set up booths with hand made things that will be sure set you back if you don’t have some will power.  I don’t have a lot, so I usually end up with some great things for myself.  Usually I get one for me and one for someone else.  (I mean they are only there once a year!)  The markets include jewelry makers, clothing, artwork, chocolates, body products, handbags, wallets and more.  


I am partial to Columbus Circle (mostly because it is closest to my house) and over the next few days I am going to tell you about a few of my favorites that are not be missed.  Whether you are visiting New York or live here, you should Get Ye to the Market!  You will be certain to fulfill all your Christmas shopping needs and I guarantee you walk away with a few nice things for yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment