Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Nirvanna Designs

So after an incredibly mild fall here in New York City, winter has descended and it is COLD!  I have terrible circulation in my fingers, so when it is really cold my fingers turn blue.  I have had to give up wearing gloves when it gets really cold.  (I found it was warmer to wear mittens) But until I found Nirvanna, I hadn’t found a pair of mittens that were up to snuff.  

They make mittens that are of the thickest wool and are lined with fleece.  They are so warm that my hands almost never get cold anymore.  Bring it on Mr. Snow Miser because now I have my own personal Mr. Heat Miser.  

In addition they sell hats and scarves, kids hats and mittens, you name it, they have it.  And it is all amazingly warm.  

The company is based in Asia.  Their designers work with designers and craftsmen from Nepal, Indonesia, India and Thailand.  Their philosphy is this:   by helping the local population, using their natural resources and giving the local people work (especially women) they are creating a circle of Karma.  So your purchasing is also going to help less fortunate people make money. If you don’t like being cold and want something that will guarantee the maximum amount of warmth you can get, go to Nirvanna.  Baby it’s cold outside, but it is just a little warmer with Nirvanna.
Columbus Circle Holiday Markets
Central Park West at 60th
Open 10-8 Daily, 10-9 Christmas Week

No comments:

Post a Comment