Thursday, December 9, 2010

Riverstone Jewelry

Riverstone is one of my favorite jewelry booths in the markets.  I love silver and Jill (the artist) has a ton of great silver pieces.   She has gold as well, but I am partial to the silver.   She has travelled wide and far and has brought her travel experience to her artwork.   She uses a mixture of talismans, beads and amulets from different cultures from all over the world.  Thus, all of her jewelry is truly unique and one of a kind.  

Each custom jewelry piece is made of pure or fine silver, not sterling. The difference is that sterling is 92.5% silver and copper is added. Pure silver is 99.1% silver with almost no copper, thus it doesn't tarnish.  (I didn’t know that until Jill told me).  She also has just gotten into the Sundance catalogue with four of her pieces.

Ok, so at this point you have probably guess that I have an obsession with unique pieces of jewelry from everywhere I travel.  So if you are travelling to New York, you should make this one of your places to look for that piece that will remind you of your trip.  If you live here then all I can say is get yourself something nice while you are out shopping.  Or get something for someone else in the spirit of Christmas (I guess that we are really supposed to be shopping for others, but I always manage to get something for myself).  Whichever the case, you will be glad you found Riverstone Jewelry.
Columbus Circle Holiday Markets
Central Park West at 60th
Open 10-8 daily, 10-9 during Christmas Week

No comments:

Post a Comment