Thursday, January 27, 2011

My adventures in Brooklyn

Apparently we are in for a long, cold, snowy winter.  I am turning over a new leaf.  I am not going to hibernate on the Upper West Side until spring.  I bought myself some sensible boots (OK, they still have wedge heels, but are 100% waterproof – that is a BIG change for me) and it’s off on an adventure I go.  I have to say I am totally enjoying my winter treks to Brooklyn.  I am finding some great new spots!  So hopefully I have inspired you to see a show at BAM.  (Once the subways and buses are back to running normal that is.)  Now you need somewhere to go for drinks or dinner before or after the show.  I had wine and appetizers at this delightful place right around the corner from BAM called Stonehome Wine Bar.

The next time I go I am going to get there in time to have dinner, not just apps.  The menu is small with additional daily specials and it looked fantastic.   We ended up getting some meats and cheeses with our wine.  

The portions were large and prices were very reasonable.  Most of the wines by the glass were in the $8-$11 price range and they had a great selection.  I was surprised to see one of my favorite’s by the glass Argiolas “Perdera” from Sardinia.  But the list was full of great things that I want to go back and try.

The inside was cozy and warm, they played great music and the staff couldn’t have nicer and more helpful. 

 They also have a patio in the back, so in the nice weather it must be great to sit outside.  I highly recommend Stonehome Wine Bar if you like good wine, great atmosphere and terrific prices to boot.  With great places like this, I may just head out to Brooklyn more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment