Monday, January 24, 2011

Village Vines

It's been a wee bit cold here in New York City and I have been a little unmotivated to leave my apartment unless I have to.  But apparently it is supposed to reach 40 degrees tomorrow and so my hibernation might come to an end.  When it does, I am going to take advantage of some of the great deals on this new site that Skye turned me on to.  It is called Village Vines.  


It's in the spirit of Groupon, but it is only restaurants and some really good ones too.  With this site you pay a $10 reservation fee and then get a certain percentage off your whole bill (food and wine).  Usually it is 30% although I have seen some for as high as 50% and others as low as 20%.  They usually have certain days that you have to go.  For example Dinasaur BBQ in Harlem is 30% off but only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  Because you make the reservation through their website there is no coupon neccesary.  Also the deals aren't just 1 day deals like groupon or living social.   You usually have some time to decide.  Currently they have offerings in NYC, Los Angeles, D.C., San Francisco and Chicago.  

Here is what they say on their website:

VillageVines gives food lovers access to preferred pricing with their city's most popular restaurants. We make your dining experiences more convenient and more affordable, and we do so by partnering with the best dining establishments – from the restaurant icons to the up and coming gems.


Here’s how it works:
1Each day we highlight a handful of restaurants from among our carefully curated list of the best spots in your city
2You choose where to dine and use us to make your party's reservation before the offer expires
3You pay $10 to secure your exclusive pricing (typically 30% off your party's entire bill – food and drink
4Your discount is applied to your bill at meal's end - no coupons, no phone calls and no hassles

I love being able to get great deals at home and when I travel.  With all these sites that offer great deals on great restaurants and things to do, I may never have to pay full price again!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it!
    My fiance and I have been trying to save money by not eating out as much and it hasn't been easy.
    I'm definitely gonna check this out!
    Thanks,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete