Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Small production. All American. Williamsburg.

In the winter, I don’t venture out of my neighborhood as much as I do in the nicer weather.  The cold makes me a little boring!  However, last Friday night I met up with some friends in Williamsburg at a great place called Custom American.  


It was absolutely worth going out in the snow for.  They serve only beer, wine and bourbon and all of it is American made.  I spoke to Dan, one of the owners.  His concept was that he would do only American and they would feature small production wines, beer and bourbons.  Many of the stuff they serve are only able in limited quantities, so they may only get a few bottles or a case of something.  For that reason the lists are constantly changing and you get to taste things that you would ordinarily never get the opportunity to try.   That is pretty awesome.  


We also had the meat and cheese plates, and yes they also were American.  It’s a great concept.  


They have been open for 7 months now and are doing really well, and I can see why.  The space is fantastic.  It is open and cozy with big windows to look out on the street.  


It’s the bar you want to have next door to you so that it can be your local hangout.  They have great music playing and the bartenders are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly.  Dan, one of the owners, (who was also behind the bar the night we were there) is really funny and very passionate about everything they have to offer.  He talked to us about a lot of the stuff they carry and really made our night an incredible experience.   Custom American is located on the corner of Driggs and Metropolitan.   It is first stop in Brooklyn on the L train and then a four or five minute-walk from the subway.  I love trying new things and I am so glad that I tried Custom American.  The wine list is really cool and as Dan said, “Supporting America one drink at a time”.   I love that!  I will definitely go back, sooner than later.  I think I have just found a new favorite spot.
Custom American
644 Driggs Avenue
718-387-9463

No comments:

Post a Comment