Friday, January 28, 2011

Tips for a perfect snow day


Apparently those of us living in Northeast have more snow in our future.  Many people are getting stranded in New York City and the puddles are becoming like small ponds in the crosswalks.  

If you happen to find yourself stranded, I recommend dinner and a movie in your neighborhood.  If you are on the Upper West Side (around 66th St.) and go to a movie near there, I highly recommend having dinner at Ed’s Chowder House on 62nd and Broadway.    I ate there last night and the food was fantastic, the wine and cocktail list superb and the atmosphere and service was so great it kind of made me forget all the snow outside. 

If you like bread at all, you will love the breadbasket.  However, I will warn you that you will not be able to stop eating it once you start.  There is a jalapeno and cheddar bread, a corn bread and something that looks like an ordinary bun that is buttery and luscious and it is all served with sweet butter.  Very dangerous!!!  I had the sautéed Skate for dinner, but one of my friends got the scallop ravioli that was out of this world!  All the fish at the table was fresh and delicious.  We ended the meal by getting 3 desserts to share.  I have to say that the banana boat sundae with caramelized bananas was heaven.  The dark chocolate pudding and the chocolate donuts with dark chocolate dipping sauce were also a big hit.  

I have been hearing great things about this place since it opened, but I am so glad I finally got myself there.  If we have a lot more snow in our future, then I see a lot more movies and Ed’s Chowder House in my future.  OK, so I guess a bit more snow isn't such a terrible thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment