Friday, February 4, 2011

GateGuru... making airports tolerable


As anyone who follows Undies knows, I LOOOOVE to travel.  I have to admit, however, I don’t like flying.  Besides the fact that I am a scardey cat when it comes to actually being in the plane, the airport is enough to turn even a relaxed happy-go-lucky optimist like me into a paranoid wreck who has to check every 30 seconds to make sure I put my passport back in my bag after security, haven’t lost my boarding pass, I’m in the right terminal, I didn’t leave my phone in the bathroom... You get the idea.  Plus it’s chaotic and stressful and you have to dissemble yourself at security only to get though and pay 5 dollars for a little bottle of water.   So when I read about GateGuru, I was hooked before I even downloaded it.


GateGuru is an iPhone app that helps you locate the best food, shopping and service options within any airport.  You can search by a specific place (i.e where is there an Au Bon Pain) or browse options by terminal, which i think is handier.


You can see the list of options in your terminal, with location and user ratings:


And you can even read reviews and see photos:


It's a great app, especially since its FREE.  And while all the functions are not operating at full potential now, if it catches on there is a lot about this app that could be very handy.  (Like being able to check the wait time at security checkpoints.)  So give it a try the next time you fly.  That perfect pre-flight martini at the great steakhouse bar you found out about, may just make all the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment