Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Skye's local :)

There's nothing like a great neighborhood bar, and Longbow Pub & Pantry is ours.


The owners of "The Only Welsh Pub In New York" are great, and the staff is helpful and attentive.  Claire (awesome New Orleans bred bartender) turned me on to some great specialty creations of hers, like a hot gin toddy (!) which sounds weird but is delicious (at least the way she makes them).  They have a nice microbrew and craft beer selection, the best in the neighborhood, with a selection of beers on tap and then dozens more beers in bottles as well.


My current fave is the Founder's breakfast stout, a delicious creamy hearty stout with coffee tones.  YUM!  As far as food goes, The fish and chips are delicious. So delicious in fact, I can't really comment on much of the other food, since I can't help but order it every time i go.


It's also a great place to watch rugby, EPL, or american football.  I often stop in on my own to catch a game, grab a bite and a warm drink.  I've always felt welcome and comfortable at Longbow.

 It's on 3rd Avenue b/w 73rd and 74th St in Brooklyn. (Yes, Bay Ridge, I live there now.)  So go!  And there's a decent chance you'll run into ME :)   I'll be the one with the gin toddy!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment